Friday, January 9, 2009

cabled creatures

give a hoot mittens

who would have thought that one curved cable needle could create something so cute. it took only a few twists in the front with a couple of leans to the back and out popped this lovely little owl. this chickadee is always keeping an eye out for adorable aviary friends and knew right away where these would find a fitting home. it was a pleasure to put this pair together as a prezzie for pang of pretty little fings (you can check out her super cute sewn owls on etsy).

give a hoot mittens

if you'd like to knit your own little nests, the lovely folks at kelbourne woolens want to help you along. you can print out the pattern for the give a hoot mittens from their website. conquer your fear of cables with the easy to follow and extra thorough instructions. these were so much fun to work on that they're probably be a flock of them soon to follow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are just a "hoot". O'wl give them a try!! kd

Anonymous said...

Your mom cracks me. I'm definitely going to have to make thse now.
KES

Anonymous said...

I love the owls! I found the same cable pattern a couple months ago on someone's old washcloth! super fun!

this chickadee said...

how funny. my mom just gave me an old potholder from my great aunt with the same owl pattern in the center. everything old is new again!