Thursday, April 10, 2008

cherry blossom cap



this chickadee
is one lucky little bird. there is a cheery cherry tree just outside my front door and it has been hard at work being the most beautiful thing on the block. from its first pretty pink buds to its current crop of creamy blossoms, it has caught my eye and captured my imagination. as tribute to my fragrant friend, i found some fitting yarn in my stash and went to work crafting a cap to complement the current conditions.



this cap seems just right to combat the bit of chill that lingers on. the pinky coral and cream colors capture the spirit of the cherry blossoms and make good use of yarn that was otherwise laying idle. i have a heap of homespun yarn leftover from other projects and turned to lion brand's website for help. the all buttoned up cap pattern caught my eye and after several attempts at following the actual chart, i decided to only rely upon it lightly and modify it to suit my needs. the result is the brightly colored brimmed cap above, with a band of cream that wraps around the bottom providing contrast inside.

No comments: